Last Updated: Mon Apr 29 17:32:08 BST 2013
Jim's Final Munro
I have finished the Munros ...
19 years, 7 months and 21 days after I first reached the summit of Cairn Gorm
I completed my round of the Munros
, and became a Munroist,
on 19th May 2007 when I reached the summit of Ben Chonzie
The weather was foul, but 9 of my friends joined me on the summit to celebrate.
I have been assigned Munroist Number #3806
by the SMC
Inset 1: 2nd April 2007: 5 to go, Sgurr Mor, Fannichs.
Inset 2: 2nd April 2007: 4 to go, Beinn Liath Mhor Fannaich, Fannichs.
Inset 3: 4th April 2007: 3 to go, Ben Avon, Cairngorms.
Inset 4: 15th May 2007: 2 to go, Beinn Bhuide, Loch Fyne.
Inset 5: 15th May 2007: 1 to go, Beinn an Lochain, Arrochar.
Main Photo: 19th May 2007: Final Munro, Ben Chonzie, Comrie.
These figures are for walks to bag the 3000ft peaks of Britain and Ireland,
so they include all peaks in Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England.
- First Munro: Cairn Gorm, 28th September 1987
- Final Munro: Ben Chonzie, 19th May 2007
- Elapsed Time: 19 years, 7 months, 21 days
- Total Number of Walks: 148 (over 169 days, on 41 trips)
- Total Distance Walked: 1788 miles
- Total Number of Peaks Ascended: 331 (18 reascents, plus around 128 tops)
- Number of Peaks Ascended Solo: 16 (over 11 walks)
- Pairs of Boots Used: 6 (of which 2 are still servicable)
All information on this site is copyright © 1994-2016 Jim Randell